Great workbook by Jason McDonald, SEO Fitness Workbook: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Dominating Google with Free SEO Tools.
Here are the 10 steps to effective search engine optimization:
- Goals – define what you sell, who your customers are, and how best to reach them.
- Keywords – identify the best keywords for your company and measure your rank on Google searches.
- Page Tags – weave your target keywords into your HTML Page Tags.
- Landing Pages –create SEO-friendly pages for your priority keywords.
- Website Structure – optimize your home page and website layout.
- Link Building – devise a link-building strategy.
- News – leverage news and free syndication services for SEO.
- Blogging – set up a blog that follows best SEO practices.
- Social Media and Local Search – take advantage of social media opportunities like Google Places, Yelp, Twitter and review marketing to enhance your website performance.
- Metrics – measure your progress towards the top of Google, inbound keywords, and paths taken by customers once they land on your website.
I urge you to download this book which is full of helpful suggestions and links to articles and videos to help your SEO efforts.
What have you learned about SEO in developing your website and other marketing efforts?