In my previous post I shared how to get all of your employees active on social media on behalf of your company.
Here are the reasons why:
- Increasing your social media presence company-wide will enable you to reach a larger audience beyond your prospect list and current lead pool.
- All of your employees will be able to interact with prospects, leads and customers by sharing information of value and knowledge.
- Your company and your employees become a resource and wealth of information for your industry. Your company becomes the de facto “thought leader.” Your market needs to know how you can help and serve them. They need to be aware that you have the capacity to fulfill a need.
- You will improve your position in search engine results. Publishing keyword-rich content that people are looking for will help you get found and rank higher in search engines. The more content you publish, the more likely prospects will find you when searching for a solution.
- Drive more web traffic. The higher you rank in the search engines, the more web traffic you generate. The more information of value you publish, and employees reference, on your website, the more traffic you will get.
- See what people are saying about your company, your products and your services. The more employees you have engaged with social media, the more eyes and ears you’ll have to know what’s being said about you. Make sure your employees know you need to know what’s being said.
- You will increase the number of people who follow your company and the information of value you are providing.
- You will increase RSS subscriptions, especially if you ask your employees to ask all relevant contacts to subscribe to your RSS feed.
- Everyone in the company will become a member of the marketing team and help market the firm.
- Everyone in the company will know they are making a real contribution to the company via social media in addition to their other responsibilities.
What benefits have you seen to empowering your employees with social media?