Are you a good leader/manager?
Ask your employees the following questions and see if you like what you hear:
- My manager cares about my personal well-being?
- My manager can recognize when I’m down without asking me?
- My manager is involved in community activities?
- I am encouraged by my manager to volunteer in the community?
- My manager is able to think effectively through complex problems?
- My manager has a thorough understanding of our organization and its goals?
- My manager encourages me to handle important work decisions on my own?
- My manager gives me the freedom to handle difficult situations in the way I feel is best?
- My manager is interested in making sure I achieve my career goals?
- My manager provides me with work experiences that enable me to develop new skills?
- My manager seems to care more about my success than his/her own?
- My manager puts my best interests ahead of his/her own?
- My manager is always honest?
- My manager would not compromise ethical principles in order to achieve success?
How did you do?
How did I do? If anyone I’m managing now, or have managed in the past is reading this, please answer the questions and let me know if we’re in agreement on the areas in which I need to improve. Thank you in advance for your feedback!