Rick Mathieson provided a recent webinar entitled “Top 5 Marketing Trends to Capitalize on Now” based on his book “The On-Demand Brand.”
- Social media is plateauing or declining. There are spectators, and commenters. Three rules for improving a social media: 1) most successful social media initiatives are events based; 2) keep it simple, social and light; and 3) be very targeted, enable people to connect.
- Be smart with your advertising. Average click-through rates are still below 0.01%. Target, but don’t target so well you make your prospect feel like they are being stalked. Don’t be invasive. Treat prospects as you would like to be treated.
- Branded games are growing in popularity. 72% of adults have played at least one kind of online game. Put your brand in play. Ensure the game drives home your value proposition. Include a call to action during the course of the game.
- Mobile is critical. There are more than three billion internet enabled mobile phones worldwide. It is the ultimate response mechanism. Apple has more than three billion iphone apps downloaded. 95% of all mobile users use at least one app. Text messages sell. Ensure you include a call to action. Apps amplify and extend your brand into a broader space. QR codes simplify, save time and provide ease of access.
- Augmented reality is growing. It’s entertaining. It educates. It is engaging.
How are you creating an on-demand brand in 2011?