Even with the growth of social media, e-mail continues to be an important medium for B2B and B2C marketers.
There are many sophisticated applications on the market that are easy to use.
These applications also provide a lot of data to help you refine and improve your e-mail marketing efforts.
Ultimately effective e-mail is about delivering the right message to the right person at the right time.
Following is a 10-step plan for improving the performance of your e-mail campaigns:
- Create an overall marketing plan. Today more than ever, it is critical for all media channels through which you are reaching customers and prospects are integrated and delivering a consistent message.
- Build your ROI case. Identify key performance indicators and monitor performance.
- Use e-mail and web analytics to support integrated and automated marketing efforts.
- Identify other sources of leads that you can pursue with a custom message (e.g., abandoned shopping carts, trade show attendees).
- Identify your essential selling points and ensure their integration in all communications.
- Work with your IT group to ensure you are aware of any issues that may prevent success or lead to dissatisfied customers or prospects.
- Develop creative that garners attention — again have a consistent look across all media.
- Test data and monitor queries to know what works, what doesn’t and how you can improve the effectiveness of your efforts.
- Launch your test campaign and monitor performance. Start small, you’re better off with more frequent launches with fewer changes so you able to determine the importance of each element.
- Identify what works and what doesn’t, working to improve each execution.
What are you doing to improving the performance of your e-mail marketing?