Excellent webinar provided by Lyris (http://bit.ly/gmGPep) that will help you improve your e-mail results:
1. Build your list via proper opt-in protocol to improve customer engagement, e-mail performance and a stronger rating with your ISP and avoid being “black listed.”
2. List maintenance and hygiene — manage your opt-outs, opt-in and “bounces.”
3. Delivery and authentication — optimize messages for maximum delivery, don’t use attachments, use links to landing pages.
4. Drive relevance through segmentation — the more relevant your message, the greater your open and response rates.
5. Practice engagement marketing — encourage a dialogue with your customers and prospects.
6. Leverage social media to increase your mailing list and your relationship with customers and prospects.
7. Test, test, test and analyze results.
8. Automate for impact and efficiency and monitor for refinement.
9. Mobile is the new standard — what does your e-mail look like on an iPhone, Droid, Blackberry?
10. Integration is the key to ensuring a consistent message and brand.
In an unsteady economy, sales cycles increase as does customer sophistication. Your email needs to be more sophisticated as well.
What are you doing to improve the performance of your e-mail?